Lesson Eleven - The Notes A, B, and C
These notes are to be played in the fifth position. Here are a few practice tips:
- In the fifth position play the following notes: C, D, E, F, G, A, B, and C
- These are the notes of the C major scale. These are the notes of the first exercise on the following page.
- I recommend that you play this scale as an exercise.
- As a technical exercise, be sure you play on the tips of your fingers and keep your thumb low on the neck.
- As a rhythm exercise, put your metronome at a very low speed and practice playing one note/click (quarter notes), two notes/click (eighth notes), three notes/click (triplets), and four notes/click (sixteenth notes). Be sure to use down and up strokes when playing more than one note/click.