Theory Workshop One, Two, and Three - Summary
Topics covered in Theory Worksop One:
- Half Steps and Whole Steps.
- The musical alphabet.
- Sharps and flats and the chromatic scale.
- Mapping out all the notes on the guitar fretboard.
- Major scale construction.
- The circle of fifths.
- Five major scale patterns on the guitar.
Topics covered in Theory Workshop Two:
- Intervals - Major, minor, diminished, and augmented.
- Chord construction - Major, minor, diminished, and augmented.
- Harmonizing the major scale.
- The Major scale chord formula
- Adding Sevens to chords - Major Seven, minor seven, half diminished sevens.
Topics covered in Theory Workshop Three:
This Workshop is all about chord construction. You will learn how you can use your knowledge of the major scale to construct any chord. Here are a few of the chords you will learn how to construct.
- Major Chords - major 6, major 7, major 9
- Minor Chords - minor 7, minor 9
- Dominant Chords - dominant 7, 9 and 13
- Sus chords - Sus 2, Sus 4
- Add chords - Add 2, add 4, add 9