New Year Resolutions 2016
I love New Year Resolutions! However, I would rather think of them as goals. I have been encouraging all my students to set musical goals for 2016. Here is what I received from one of my students. Thanks for sharing, Gilbert!
My Guitar Resolutions
14 January 2016
1. Dedicate more time and effort into guitar practice. Practice
more systematically and with more focus.
2. Complete “A Modern Guitar Method for Guitar” Volume #1 by
the end of 2016 and be able to play everything at any time.
3. Incorporate classical guitar technique into my acoustic guitar
work. Get more comfortable with my nylon string and
4. Master chord changing and rhythm guitar as well as learning
5. Lay a strong foundation in music theory and progressions for
playing jazz and writing songs.
6. Learn new Music; jazz standards, Latin jazz, blues songs, and
outlaw country music (Johnny Cash).
7. Learn how to record myself using the equipment I already
8. Write more song lyrics.
9. Find a place to play with others.
Feel free to share some of yours.