Rebel, Rebel by David Bowie

Here's a great, classic guitar riff - Rebel, Rebel by David Bowie.  I play it the same way on my acoustic as I would on my electric.

Start by holding a D2 chord (D chord minus the second finger) and play an arpeggio that starts with the open D string, then the open first string followed by the second string (third fret).

Now, keep your first finger on the third string and place your second finger under it on the second string and give those two strings a little strum.

Move your first finger to the third string first fret (G#) and strum strings 1, 2 and 3.  While doing this, build an E major chord and then strum another four strings.  Both strums should be staccato (short).

Finish everything up with a pull-off from the second string second fret to the open second string.  I like to use my pinky, but you could use your third finger (be sure to put the third finger back into your E chord after the pull-off).  After the pull-off, run your pick through the 3rd and 4th strings of your E chord.

This section of the song that I am playing is the chorus.  After the main riff is played three times, I strum a D/F# chord (let it ring for four beats), and the an E chord followed by a slight bend on the third fret of the sixth string.

Have fun!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish You Were Here - Lesson