Lesson Six - Scarborough Fair
We are taking the "campfire" approach to playing Scarborough Fair. All we need are chords and a strumming pattern and we can make music. Keep in mind the following when practicing this song:
- This song is in 3/4 time. Use a 3/4 strumming pattern.
- Keep it simple at first. Try strumming once in every measure. This will give you plenty of time to get to the next chord. When you can do this, try strumming on all three beats, and then try a 3/4 strumming pattern.
- I know its difficult, but don't stop your strumming hand even if you don't like the sound of your chords. Train yourself to get all the way through the song.
- Watch the video below for a demonstration of the 3/4 strumming pattern.
- The second video is a demonstration of the entire song using the 3/4 strumming pattern.